Oct. 19, 2017 —
DOWNLOAD PDF - THE COUNTERING ILLICIT POWER: AN EDUCATOR'S GUIDE
Module 1 provides an orientation to the problem. It does so by introducing the concepts of “Convergence” and “Illicit Power,” the implications for national sovereignty and security, and overarching insights from the totality of the research.
- Impunity: Confronting Illicit Power in War and Transition, Edited by Michelle A. Hughes and Michael Miklaucic. Washington, DC: Government Printing Office (2016).
- Forward by LTG H.R. McMaster
- Introduction, by Michael Miklaucic
- Chapter 10, “It Takes a Thief to Catch a Thief” by Michelle Hughes
- Convergence: Illicit Networks and National Security in the Age of Globalization, Edited by Michael Miklaucic and Jacqueline Brewer. Washington, DC: The National Defense University Press, 2013.
- Introduction by Michael Miklaucic and Jacqueline Brewer
- Webcast: “Convergence, Beyond Convergence, and the Challenge of Impunity” featuring Michael Miklaucic
- Podcast: “Impunity: Countering Illicit Power in War and Transition – A Conversation with the Authors”
- Webcast: “Convergence in Criminalized States” featuring Douglas Farah
Lecture Notes and Facilitator’s Guides:
- Facilitator’s Guide: “Illicit Power Structures: An Introduction”
- Facilitator’s Guide: “It Takes a Thief to Catch a Thief: Understanding the Operational Environment”
- "Countering Illicit Power: How Do We Get It Right?"